Preference:Separator character question

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Wed Apr 19 15:40:44 EDT 2006

Am Samstag, 15. April 2006 16:59 schrieb Chris Shoemaker:
> > Since I am not a native english speaker, I would like to have some help
> > in explaining what the following means.
> >
> > Any single non-alphanumeric unicode character.
> >
> Alphanumeric means "numbers and letters".  Maybe a less technical
> description would be:
>
> Any single unicode character except letters and numbers.

Absolutely. I'd even remove the "Unicode" because the user doesn't need to
know whether his characters are unicode or ascii or whatever. I'd replace the
sentence by

"A legal value is any single character except letters and number".

However, since we are in string freeze and this string is not quite wrong, I
don't agree to change it at this point in time. I've noted this as one more
string that should be changed right after the string freeze will be lifted,
on http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/String_Freeze

Thanks for the clarification here,

Christian