DocBook - xml questions

Chris Lyttle chris at wilddev.net
Sun Apr 16 18:12:22 EDT 2006

Neil Williams wrote:
> On Friday 14 April 2006 6:39 am, Bengt Thuree wrote:
>
>>> 2)We should still follow the guidelines in HACKING?
>>>

> These were added to support those who want to process the DocBook with SGML
> tools instead of the automated XSL tools.

I've never been happy with having this second set of docs in sgml, but I
accepted at the time that there were no alternatives that let us
generate pdf's and html without using it. I believe that is no longer
the case and in fact valid pdf and html can be generated from the xml
files. I will look into what it would take to do this.

Chris