GnuCash Guide CH8

Chris Shoemaker c.shoemaker at cox.net
Thu Apr 20 23:02:16 EDT 2006

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 08:45:46PM -0600, Dave Herman wrote:
> Works here - however I did a svn update today and downloaded a number of
> files.  When I try to MAKE I get
> a number of errors, never completes.  The files have <<<<<< & >>>>>>
> throughout.

These are svn conflict markers.  It means that the files in the
repository have changed and so have your copies, but not in such a way
that the changes are easily merged.  You must manually resolve the
conflict and remove the markers.  Or, if you don't want to preserve
your local edits, the 'svn revert' command will replace the files with
the repository versions.

-chris