how to read the data file outside GnuCash

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 24 01:03:33 EDT 2006

When things were getting weird with r13835, I thought I'd look at the
data file outside GnuCash. I had no success. They are  supposed to be
UTF-8 xml, right? Bbedit claimed it was broken. Gedit wouldn't open
it at all. And emacs showed me what looked like a collection of
escaped character codes. I tried both my semi-live data file, and an
empty data file saved from a new account set generated after gnucash
--nofile.

Should I be able to read a 1.9.5 data file in a text editor? Can
someone tell me the correct incantation to open one?

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net