autosplit keyboard nav

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 24 21:40:18 EDT 2006

On Apr 24, 2006, at 9:21 PM, Chris Shoemaker wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 09:11:24PM -0400, David Reiser wrote:
>> Has keyboard navigating in autosplit mode always been so complex?
>
> I'm not sure, but I think it has been so for while at least.
>

>> For
>> example, the cell from which you type a Return significantly affects
>> where the focus ends up, and how much more keying is required to get
>> to the next blank transaction.
>
> There's a preference setting, something like 'Enter moves to empty
> row', that affects this somewhat.

Edit->Preferences, Register tab, Actions heading "'Enter' moves to
blank transaction"

> The behavior is strange when
> entering blank transactions and when that preference is "off".  It's
> more reasonable when the preference is "on".

I agree wholeheartedly with your appraisal. It still will take some
getting used to having the current transaction instantly roll up, but
it seems a lot more logical to me than what I've been seeing with the
option off. Thanks.

> -chris

Dave
--