translating in Romanian

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Thu Apr 27 07:52:13 EDT 2006

Hi,

Dan Pescaru schrieb:
> I need some help.
> Some of you know that I wanted to start translating gnucash in Romanian
> so i did using kbabel.

great to hear. Just ask any questions and we will happily assist so that
you can work on the translations. Some questions are also explained on
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation but this particular question
actually not.

Did you compile and install a 1.9.x version of gnucash already? I assume
you did. Did you use a .tar.gz release of gnucash, or did you get the
code directly from SVN?

> I update my gnucash with svn and i put my ro.po file in PO directory.
> Now i want to see what i have done in the program so now need your help:
> 1. What modification i have to do to compile my file too?
> 2. And what command i have to put to start the program with my translation?

- - Put the ro.po file in the po/ directory of the gnucash source tree, as
you have already done.

- - Since this is a completely new language, open the file configure.in in
the top-level directory of the gnucash source tree. Search for the line
that contains ALL_LINGUAS="..." and add your language code "ro" into the
long list - the order is not important.

- - Run "make" in the gnucash top-level directory again. This should
trigger a call to aclocal, automake, autoconf, configure, and various
more, so that when this finished, if you call "grep ALL_LINGUAS
./configure" it should list your "ro" language code in that line as
well. If it doesn't, ask again and we'll help.

- - If the previous step was successful, then your new translation file
will be installed when you call "make install". Then start gnucash with
"LANG=ro gnucash", or, if your LANG is already set to "ro" with
potential extra suffixes, you can just start gnucash.

> 3. Do i have to upload the file somewhere to be included in the package?

You mean, you want to have the ro.po file included in the official
release? For this, simply send the ro.po file here to the list, and we
will gladly copy it into our SVN server so that is included in the next
release. This is also described on
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation

Thank you very much for any contributions.

Regards,

Christian