GnuCash Guide CH8

David V Herman dvherman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 22:16:11 EDT 2006

Attached is the TAR of the latest update for Guide Chapter on Investing.

I've worked off of the "prettied up" XML from Bengt, then went through
his steps from 16 April.

Remember the diff was taken from the txt output from xmlto, so the line
numbers are assuming that the following lines are in the xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE chapter PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN"
"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd">

Remember that the diff off the text also misses all the comments and
"links".

Also in the achieve is the XML and all the images for the chapter.
Only these image file should be required, these files should be a
complete replacement for "invest_*.png" files in the figure directory.

Let me know what you think.

Dave

PS There is still more to add to the chapter - I have only removed
dividends from the to-do list.  Currently working on Splits & mergers.

I'm not at all convinced that the "prettied up" XML is worth the effort.