Invoice import - is this possible yet?

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Tue Aug 1 09:36:35 EDT 2006

On Tue, August 1, 2006 3:27 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:

>> I saw mention of "QSF import" that was disabled in v2.0.0 as it didn't
>> work, was "QSF import" supposed to handle something like this?
>
> Yes..  It was supposed to, but it was extremely buggy.  If you want to
> work
> on that portion and get it working, patches would be greatly accepted.
> I don't know what other kind of "working solution" you have in mind,
> I'm afraid.

Absolutely anything that will work at this point, whether I have to
manually ask gnucash to import the file containing the invoices via click
click click, or command line, whatever.

In the longer term, what I'd like to do is run gnucash in a non
interactive mode. In other words, like this:

- load gnucash file

- perform operation (run a report, import a QSF file, whatever)

- save the gnucash file

This will allow us to do powerful stuff like import autogenerated
invoices, synchronise gnucash's customer and vendor database with
something external, like LDAP, export reports to a webserver automatically
so that standard reports are always available.

I have not yet looked inside the new gnucash v2. code, and never properly
looked at the v1.x code as it was being replaced by v2.x anyway, so I am
not sure how easy or hard it is to do.

Regards,
Graham