Build failure: Ubuntu 6.06 CVS

David Hampton hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net
Wed Aug 9 14:10:05 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 13:18 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> You've got the debian-broken libtool. I bet you're not pulling
> in libcore-utils.
>
> I'll also point out that this is a bug that "core-utils" now depends
> on gtk.  That shouldn't have happened.  This code should go into
> gnome-utils.

I disagree.  I created the core-utils directory as a place to put code
that augments the core gxxx libraries (glib, gconf, etc. including gtk),
but doesn't have anything to do with GnuCash proper.  The gnc_cbe_xxx
functions have nothing to do with GnuCash, and everything to do with
requiring a GtkComboBox to always match an entry in the completion.  At
some point I'd like to try and push them into the gtk itself.

I would have accepted your argument that this code should be in a
gtk/gnome specific directory if gnucash was still trying to be UI
neutral, but that requirement fell by the wayside before I joined the
development group.  As far as I'm concerned, gtk is part of the core
library set that gnucash is built on.

David