[rms at gnu.org: Some problems on gnucash.org]

Chris Shoemaker c.shoemaker at cox.net
Wed Aug 9 15:48:02 EDT 2006

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 03:46:45PM -0500, Linas Vepstas wrote:

> Hi Josh,
>
> I guess you are maintiaing the website at this moment.  I received
> this note from RMS. We should link to gnu.org somewhere near the
> begining, e.g.
>
> GnuCash is personal and small-business financial-accounting software,
> freely licensed under the GNU GPL and available for GNU/Linux, *BSD,
> Solaris and Mac OSX. GnuCash is part of the

Just for the record, as far as I'm aware, neither the FSF nor RMS hold
the copyright to any code in GnuCash.  I have no idea if that has any
bearing on what RMS considers to be part of his GNU Project, but I
think it's worth mentioning, since I had some vague impression that
there was a correlation between being part of the GNU Project and FSF
copyright assignment.

-chris