[rms at gnu.org: Some problems on gnucash.org]

Manfred Usselmann usselmann.m at icg-online.de
Thu Aug 10 04:46:12 EDT 2006

Hi,

Christian Stimming <stimming at tuhh.de> schrieb am Wed, 9 Aug 2006
21:25:59 +0200:

> Am Dienstag, 8. August 2006 22:46 schrieb Linas Vepstas:
> > GnuCash is personal and small-business financial-accounting
> > software, freely licensed under the GNU GPL and available for
> > GNU/Linux, *BSD, Solaris and Mac OSX. GnuCash is part of the
>
> It didn't occur to me that the current GnuCash project (read: the
> currently active developers) consider GnuCash as part of the GNU
> project or vice versa, or that it ever has been considered this way.
> I wouldn't understand if we added such a statement right now without
> any further relation between the GNU project and ours, except for
> that part of the name... :-)

On http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html GnuCash is mentioned as a
component which was written by the GNU Project: "but we wrote many
components that are not tools (2)."

"2. For instance, The Bourne Again SHell (BASH), the PostScript
interpreter Ghostscript, and the GNU C library are not programming
tools. Neither are GNUCash, GNOME, and GNU Chess."

Manfred