install.sh script for win32

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sat Aug 26 04:50:58 EDT 2006

Derek,

your improvements to the install.sh script make it waaaaaaaaaaay cooool!
Thanks a lot to Andi and you.

I bet you tried to compile goffice as well but it didn't work so far. Somehow
it didn't work for me right now as well, although I recall it did work at my
office's computer. Whatever. Here's what I did to get goffice to compile, in
addition to what install.sh already does:

* Edit goffice/Makefile.am and remove the linker flags "-lurlmon -lhtmlhelp"
from LIBADD

* Edit goffice/goffice.def and remove the three symbols that are mentioned in
the error message, which are
 go_doc_mark_not_modified
 go_plugin_init
 go_plugin_shutdown

(I guess the gnumeric people simply forgot to update goffice.def here.)

* Ignore the error messages in the plugins/ subdirectory about not being able
to merge the translation database. This is accomplished the easiest way by
"make -i", although I'm not too sure this is a good idea for the automated
script...

I've uploaded a binary gsf tarball to http://www.tu-harburg.de/~et2cs/gnc/ and
I hope to upload a binary goffice as well soon.

As for gnucash: One post-compile pre-install step that *has* to be performed
as well is similar to g-wrap: In each gw-foo.scm that has a command
(dynamic-link "libgw-foo"), the library name needs to be changed into
"libgw-foo-0". Maybe you could already come up with some scripting magic that
does this for all files...

Christian