Having trouble runing gnucash from svn

Jerry Quinn jlquinn at optonline.net
Tue Dec 5 01:55:16 EST 2006

Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 08:23 -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
>>> Is this a bug in gnucash or slib?  If slib, has it been reported yet?
>>>
>>> Thankfully debian has already removed 3a3 from it's archive :-(
>> snapshot.debian.org has slib back to 3a1-4.2 :)
>
> If people are actually *using* Debian, the Debian version of slib 3a4
> works Just Fine.  Please don't spread FUD...

No FUD unfortunately.  I found a copy of an slib 3a3 deb in my apt cache and
installed it in place of 3a4.  With that, I was able to launch SVN gnucash
without a problem.

I'm not advising that debian revert 3a4, but there is definitely a regression
of some sort, either in slib or in the way that gnucash uses it.  I don't
understand the interaction enough to file a cogent bug, though.

Jerry Quinn