Win32 Port Efforts (eKA$H fork)

Chris Shoemaker c.shoemaker at cox.net
Mon Dec 11 23:05:40 EST 2006

On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 06:54:55PM -0800, jarney1 at cox.net wrote:
> Thanks.  I think this will work for me.  The only situation I can think of where it is not correct at the commodity level is defining asset classes that incorporate a tax hedge strategy (i.e. tax deferred Lg Cap vs. tax immediate Lg Cap).
>
> Tax policy balancing is rare but not unheard of in terms of a balanced portfolio.

If I understand correctly, Account-level classification is the best
thing for that situation, right?  In fact, Account-level
classification can represent _any_ type of asset balancing, can't it?

> I think the KVP at the commodity level is good enough.

Our datafile _already_ stores/reads account-level KVPs, so using
it wouldn't break backward compatibility.

-chris