Win32 Port Efforts (eKA$H)

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Tue Dec 12 13:49:17 EST 2006

Am Dienstag, 12. Dezember 2006 18:17 schrieb Mike Alexander:

> >> The win32 API header files do define GUID, CURRENCY, and IGNORE.
> >> The GNC_ versions of these are intended simply to remove this
> >> colission.
> >
> > I think I'll apply some of the name changes that concern only the .c
> > files. But especially the s/GUID/GNC_GUID/ change concerns a lot of
> > code, and, as I said, with SVN-trunk we don't observe any problems of
> > the potential name collision here. I'd suggest to defer this until we
> > actually run into the problem again.
>
> The Windows header files certainly do define those symbols.  Is it
> perhaps the case that SVN-trunk hasn't run into this because it's being
> built with Cygwin instead of MSVC?  Although I did Windows development
> for years, I haven't looked at the Windows port of Gnucash so this may
> be off the wall.

In fact this doesn't concern the current SVN-trunk part of GnuCash. IIRC I ran
into the GUID collision when I included some <windows.h> somewhere during
early porting stages. Eventually it turned out I didn't need that include
anywhere inside GnuCash, as <glib.h> seems to be sufficient everywhere.
However, Jon's code has some different include directives and/or different
orders of them, so I think that's the reason why he encountered this issue
and SVN-trunk doesn't. This has nothing to do with either cygwin, MSVC, or
mingw, IMHO.

Christian