build 15259 fails to start?

Thomas Bushnell BSG tb at becket.net
Thu Dec 28 14:28:22 EST 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-28 at 11:05 -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-12-27 at 06:07 +0000, Flavio Rump wrote:
> > Ok I have debian gnucash installed, but I want to run the svn build of
> > gnucash.
> >
> > So my problem with uninstalling slib 3a4 is not that gnucash depends on
> > it, but guile!
> >
> > I haven't reported any bugs yet, but apparently it has been talked about:
> >
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/gnucash-devel@gnucash.org/msg16797.html
> >
> > As I saw, you are responsible for that package, you want me to give you
> > the bug report?
>
> Nobody has bothered reporting a bug.  If a bug is not reported, it
> officially does not exist.  If you would like anyone to ever look at it
> on Debian, you need to report it.  Do so the normal way, with the
> reportbug tool.

Oh, and a long backtrace with no explanation other than "this fails,
see" is not a bug report.  I would need to see *something* like "the
following expression should work but doesn't."

Crucial information includes such questions as whether the module system
is possibly implicated, and such.  The mere existence of a regression
does not demonstrate where the bug lies.

Thomas