[Gnucash-changes] r13065 - gnucash/trunk - Fail 'make distcheck' if POTFILES.in contains undistributed files.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 1 15:50:24 EST 2006

Quoting Chris Shoemaker <chris at cvs.gnucash.org>:

> dist-hook: po/POTFILES.in
>
> -distcheck-hook: po/POTFILES.in
> +distcheck-hook:
> +	@e=''; \
> +	for X in `grep -v \# ${distdir}/po/POTFILES.in` ; do \
> +		if [ ! -f ${distdir}/$$X ] ; then \
> +			echo $$X " is in POTFILES.in but not in the dist."; \
> +		fi; \
> +	done; \
> +	if test "$$e" = "yes" ; then exit 1; fi;
>
> distclean-local:

Intresting approach.  Question:  do we want the reverse as well?
E.g., do we want to fail the check if a file exists in ${distdir}
but is listed in the POTFILES.skip?  That way if we have files now
and later add them to the dist, we dont lose strings down the road
because we forgot to remove the file from POTFILES.skip.