[Gnucash-changes] r13065 - gnucash/trunk - Fail 'make distcheck' if POTFILES.in contains undistributed files.

Chris Shoemaker c.shoemaker at cox.net
Wed Feb 1 16:27:24 EST 2006

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 03:50:24PM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Quoting Chris Shoemaker <chris at cvs.gnucash.org>:
>
> >dist-hook: po/POTFILES.in
> >
> >-distcheck-hook: po/POTFILES.in
> >+distcheck-hook:
> >+	@e=''; \
> >+	for X in `grep -v \# ${distdir}/po/POTFILES.in` ; do \
> >+		if [ ! -f ${distdir}/$$X ] ; then \
> >+			echo $$X " is in POTFILES.in but not in the dist."; \
> >+			e='yes'; \
> >+		fi; \
> >+	done; \
> >+	if test "$$e" = "yes" ; then exit 1; fi;
> >
> >distclean-local:
>
> Intresting approach.  Question:  do we want the reverse as well?
> E.g., do we want to fail the check if a file exists in ${distdir}
> but is listed in the POTFILES.skip?  That way if we have files now
> and later add them to the dist, we dont lose strings down the road
> because we forgot to remove the file from POTFILES.skip.

I imagine in _theory_ we might _want_ to distribute a file that we
explicitly don't want to mark for translation.  Like maybe an
already-translated report that generates output only valid in that one
language?

Anyway, the cost of forgetting to remove a re-distributed file from
POTFILES.skip is pretty minor and easy to notice: it just won't be
translated.

-chris