Fancy Invoice

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 6 16:34:36 EST 2006

Quoting Brian <dol-sen at telus.net>:

> in the invoice options there is:  (Partially modified code)
>
>  (gnc:register-inv-option
>   (gnc:make-text-option
>    (N_ "Display") (N_ "Extra Notes")
>     "u" (N_ "Extra notes to put on the invoice")
>     ;; oli-custom - Extra notes to add on each invoice, invoice-independent
>     ;; yes, I was too lazy to (get-company-name) ;)
>     (string-append (_ "Make all cheques payable to: ") ;;c-name
>      (_ "\nDirect all inquiries to: ")))) ;;c-contact)))
>     ;;"Make all cheques payable to: Company Name Inc.\nDirect all
> inquiries to: Mr. Accounting Contact"))
>
> So far I've not been able to get the c-name & c-contact from the book.
> This module seems to run before the make-myname-table procedure.  The
> book parameter is not accessible at this point.  I have been far too
> busy this past 2 months to work on it and figure it out.  Perhaps you or
> someone that is good at scheming could fix it easily.

Ahh...  Okay, a little background.  The report options are really just
a template.  They are "outside" the book, and exist outside of it.
The templates exist (and are filled in) without access to a book,
so you cannot pull options from the book interface to put them into
the report options.

In other words, there really isn't a way to do what you want..  What you
CAN do is add two checkboxes to let the user decide whether to display the
"Direct all inquiries to: c-cname" and "Make all cheques payable to:
c-contact"
messages.  Then you leave the two strings in the options (so the user
can re-define the message) but then you build the actual report based
on the checkbox, the contents of the option string, and the c-{name,contact}
during the invoice run.

Unfortunately there's just no way to seed c-contact and c-name in the options
creation because they exist outside the book setting.