Help running Gnucash in my language

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Tue Feb 7 18:32:29 EST 2006

On Tuesday 07 February 2006 10:18 pm, Tor Harald Thorland wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Unlike last time i'm now running english language on my install...
> When i try to issue the following command i'll get an error and gnucash
> is still in english..
>
> What am I missing here?
>
> tortho at inspiron:~$ LANG=no_NB.UTF-8 /opt/gnucash-1.9/bin/gnucash

1. There is no no_NB.po in svn. I think you meant nb.po, so you'd use nb

r13141
Modified:
   gnucash/trunk/po/nb.po
Log:
Update Norwegian translation by Tor Harald Thorland

2. You need to export LANG before it becomes available:

$ export LANG=nb
$ /opt/<path>/gnucash/bin/gnucash

The "unsupported" warning simply means that there is no translation for the
language you specified.

--

Neil Williams