problems with g2

Andrew Duggan cmkrnl at speakeasy.net
Wed Feb 8 22:07:25 EST 2006

David Hampton wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 16:50 -0700, Mark Johnson wrote:
>
>>> Did you rerun configure after updating?  What arguments?
>>>

>> After updating, I do a make distclean, autogen.sh, and a configure.
>> ./configure --enable-opt-style-install --prefix=/opt/gnucash-svn$rev
>> --enable-debug --enable-error-on-warning --enable-compile-warnings
>
> The problem, which you mentioned in bugzilla, is that you're building a
> package and then installing that package instead of installing directly
> from source.  The gconf default key values aren't being written to your
> temporary destination directory and thus aren't included in the package.
> As far as I can tell that actually turns out to be right answer for
> these default values.  Other applications that use gconf (c.f.
> evolution, evince, etc) only include the schemas in the package and then
> install the default key values as part of the rpm post-install script.

In my packaging of gnucash-1.9.0

This is what I put in my %post

export GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=`gconftool-2 --get-default-source`
gconftool-2 --makefile-install-rule \
   %{_sysconfdir}/gconf/schemas/apps_gnucash*.schemas > /dev/null || :
killall -HUP gconfd-2 ||

That solved that problem of always being prompted for the default values on
every start.

(I ripped it off from the gnome-power-manager fwiw.) but this works for me.

The %preun is

if [ "$1" -eq 0 ]; then
     #deleting the schema on package removal
     export GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=`gconftool-2 --get-default-source`
     gconftool-2 --makefile-uninstall-rule \
       %{_sysconfdir}/gconf/schemas/apps_gnucash*.schemas > /dev/null || :
     killall -HUP gconfd-2 || :
fi

HTH

Andrew