problems with g2

Mark Johnson mrj001 at shaw.ca
Sun Feb 12 10:20:00 EST 2006

Andrew Duggan wrote:

> David Hampton wrote:
>

>> The problem, which you mentioned in bugzilla, is that you're building a
>> package and then installing that package instead of installing directly
>> from source.  The gconf default key values aren't being written to your
>> temporary destination directory and thus aren't included in the package.
>> As far as I can tell that actually turns out to be right answer for
>> these default values.  Other applications that use gconf (c.f.
>> evolution, evince, etc) only include the schemas in the package and then
>> install the default key values as part of the rpm post-install script.
>>

> In my packaging of gnucash-1.9.0
>
> This is what I put in my %post
>
> export GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=`gconftool-2 --get-default-source`
> gconftool-2 --makefile-install-rule \
>   %{_sysconfdir}/gconf/schemas/apps_gnucash*.schemas > /dev/null || :
> killall -HUP gconfd-2 ||
>
> That solved that problem of always being prompted for the default
> values on every start.
>
> (I ripped it off from the gnome-power-manager fwiw.) but this works
> for me.

Apologies for the long delay.  Moving to a new house has taken huge
amounts of my time.  I have updated to rev. 13206.

I assumed that I was supposed to replace %{_sysconfdir} with
/opt/gnucash-svn13206/etc.

This has stopped gnucash from prompting for the defaults at every start.

Was this supposed to create the file:
/opt/gnucash-svn13206/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults
And the directory:
/opt/gnucash-svn13130/etc/gconf/apps
?
If not how are these supposed to be created?  These did not get created.

Also I noticed that my gconfd-2 did not automatically restart as I had
assumed from your script.  Is it supposed to?
Should this use the --shutdown and --spawn options of gconftool-2?

> The %preun is
>
> if [ "$1" -eq 0 ]; then
>     #deleting the schema on package removal
>     export GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=`gconftool-2 --get-default-source`
>     gconftool-2 --makefile-uninstall-rule \
>       %{_sysconfdir}/gconf/schemas/apps_gnucash*.schemas > /dev/null || :
>     killall -HUP gconfd-2 || :
> fi
>
> HTH
>
> Andrew
>

>> I'll have to go look at the build systems for one of these applications
>> and see if I can figure out how to fix gnucash.
>>
>> David

Mark