Norwegian accounts don't show up.

Tor Harald Thorland linux at strigen.com
Thu Feb 9 06:57:08 EST 2006

Christian Stimming wrote:
> Hi Tor,

>> As you can see below, I've tryed all the posibilities as far as i can
>> see.. any other suggestions?
>
> And those possibilities don't change anything regarding the account
> templates?
No, the translation in the program is working (Norwegian) The accounts
is still the default ones.

> Regarding the supported locale:
>
>> tortho at inspiron:~$ locale -a
>> en_AU.utf8
>> en_BW.utf8
>> en_CA.utf8
>> en_DK.utf8
>> en_GB.utf8
>> en_HK.utf8
>> en_IE.utf8
>> en_IN
>> en_NZ.utf8
>> en_PH.utf8
>> en_SG.utf8
>> en_US.utf8
>> en_ZA.utf8
>> en_ZW.utf8
>> nb_NO.utf8
>> POSIX
>> tortho at inspiron:~$ LANGUAGE=nb_NO LANG=nb_NO
>> /opt/gnucash-1.9/bin/gnucash
>>
>> (gnucash:10636): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
>>        Using the fallback 'C' locale.
>
> well, locale -a says that you *only* have nb_NO.utf8, not one without
> the ".utf8" suffix. Also, you seems to have everything non-english
> removed -- is this intentionally?
No, it's not, I did install the system with default english, Then i used
a "setup" program and choosed Norwegian Bokmaal, wich installed the
packages for me.....
> I'd suggest you should install a few more standard locales. But since
> you *only* have nb_NO.utf8 and *nothing* similar to nb_NO, you can
> only use that one:
>
>   LANG=nb_NO.utf8 gnucash
See my other reply to Andi, but why is then the translation working with
the LANGUAGE=nb ?

> Christian
Thanks
THT