[Gnucash-changes] r13152 - gnucash/trunk/lib/libqof/qof - Don't allow the event handler list to shrink while we're traversing it.

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Fri Feb 10 18:16:02 EST 2006

On Friday 10 February 2006 10:49 pm, Chris Shoemaker wrote:
> > Is there a test case I can use? Was the crash described below part of a
> > bug report? How can I reproduce it?
>
> There's no bug report - I hit the bug myself.  To reproduce it you can
> revert the fix (locally, of course)

(I'd build gnucash against local QOF CVS, currently unpatched, using the
configure options to re-enable external QOF. I already have a second gnucash
tree just for this purpose - gnucash-qof and gnucash-internal.)

> and just keep testing until you
> get unlucky,

:-(

> or you can write a test case that adds two handlers and
> then tries to unregister the second from within the first.

Sounds like a much better plan!
(It needs a test routine anyway.)

> I think I
> was closing the main account-tree when I hit it.

Thanks.

--

Neil Williams