Problems running GnuCash 1.9.0 on kubuntu 5.10

Aaron Larson Aaron at larsonsonline.net
Sat Feb 11 20:44:32 EST 2006

TV> (I just subscribed making it harder to quote...)
TV>
TV> I got also same error when running in my Debian (sid).
TV>
TV>   <unnamed port>: no code for module (g-wrap gw standard)
TV>
TV> I got it fixed by installing package "guile-g-wrap" with aptitude. I
TV> guess that this also works in kubuntu.

Thanks, that got it.  Perhaps this is a good place to mention that I
was pretty confused when installing the dependencies mentioned in
http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/browser/gnucash/trunk/README.dependencies
The packages listed in the ubuntu 5.10 section don't seem to match
what I had to install (the package names were somewhat different,
e.g., I had to install libglib2.0-0 in order to get
glib2-2.8.3-0ubuntu1 installed), so perhaps I missed something.  It
seems like it would be "a good idea" to have a package specification,
or an apt-get command line, or something that would retrieve the
required packages.  Pointers to such a thing would be appreciated, or
if it doesn't exist and its a good idea to have one, suggestions for
what form it should take and where I could construct it are solicited.

Now, I think I have my first (mini) bug.  When opening a file that the
user doesn't have read access to, the error is a bit cryptic:

  The file type of file <FILENAME> is unknown.

Rather than some permission error.  It had me thinking I missed some
upgrade note or something indicating the file format had changed.  I
couldn't find a reference to this in Bugzilla.  Is this sort of thing
considered "bug worthy"?

I must say my first impression of 1.9 is "wow"!  Nice job folks.