problems with g2

Andrew Duggan cmkrnl at speakeasy.net
Mon Feb 13 23:42:46 EST 2006

David Hampton wrote:
[...]

> This means to disable installing the default key/value pairs
> into /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults with the install-data-local makefile
> rule.
>
> Both the schema and default value steps should occur when compiling and
> installing directly from source.  When compiling to install from RPM,
> the schema should be installed into the RPM when the RPM is built, and
> the default key/value pairs should be installed at RPM install time.
>
> This is my understanding from reading the referenced gnome.org page.  I
> will play with the rpm spec file and see if I can get this to work
> properly.

FWIW, this doesn't seem to be a problem at least for me.  Once I added

export GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=`gconftool-2 --get-default-source`
gconftool-2 --makefile-install-rule \
   %{_sysconfdir}/gconf/schemas/apps_gnucash*.schemas > /dev/null

to my %post everything worked as it should. (That was like 2 weeks ago) The
   glob is probably not best, but considering the unstable status, I didn't
want to change my spec file if .schemas were added or deleted/consolidated
(and it worked -- or seems to)

I'm not getting any weird install errors during the rpmbuild and installed
files but not packaged check doesn't complain.

So no problem here WRT packaging at least with rpm {FC4, FC5T2}.

Andrew