standard location for configuration data?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Feb 24 18:40:54 EST 2006

The problem here is gconf.  You need to tell gconf where to find
the gnucash schema files.  Your .deb should just run the gconf
schema installer in the post-install script, and then the user
will never see this.

I think this was recently discussed on this list (in terms of
the RPM) -- or you can look at the RPM spec file in subversion
to find the invocation.  I'm sorry I don't know if offhand.

-derek