Error making pot file.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 4 13:34:35 EST 2006

Quoting Chris Shoemaker <c.shoemaker at cox.net>:

>> Train the developers to run the make-gnucash-potfiles script anytime
>> they add or remove files?
>
> :)
>
> Perhaps you forget that laziness is the first great virtue of a
> programmer:
[snip]
> In general, programmers are better at automating tedious, repetitive
> tasks than they are at performing them.

True..  But saving US time at the expense of our users is never a good
thing.  Making ours lives easier but making their lives harder...  Not
an option in my book.

Perhaps an automated tool that will update the POTFILES.in during the
build process, but still keep the file in SVN?  That way developers will
automatically update the file during their test process and then commit
the updated file....

We can't generate POTFILES.in at buildtime because configure expects it
to be in place.  I suppose we could generate it from autogen.sh, but
that doesn't solve your laziness problem.