Error making pot file.

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Wed Jan 4 15:10:33 EST 2006

On Wednesday 04 January 2006 6:21 pm, Chris Shoemaker wrote:
> Perhaps you forget that laziness is the first great virtue of a
> programmer:

Which is why I deliberately ensured that the top level make would build all
precursor files for make pot to operate.

The later changes were to reflect tests on Mac OSX and to ensure that the
auto-build of make-gnucash-potfiles AND po/POTFILES.in is trouble free for
make install and make distcheck.

These changes are already in QOF and pilot-qof and have been tested on three
platforms. The system works, please can we use it?

> In general, programmers are better at automating tedious, repetitive
> tasks than they are at performing them.

May I take that as a compliment? (Seeing as the repetitive building of
make-gnucash-potfiles and po/POTFILES.in is not automated?)
;-)

Now if there are any remaining problems with the changes, I'll gladly fix
them, but simply reverting to a SVN file that is ALWAYS changing, breaks the
build whenever a file is removed, needs MANUAL updating when new files are
added and for which we have a serviceable method of auto-generation - that
strikes me as bizarre.

--

Neil Williams