Error making pot file.

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Wed Jan 4 16:34:52 EST 2006

Am Mittwoch, 4. Januar 2006 22:21 schrieb Neil Williams:
> >  pot: Makefile
> > +       ${MAKE} make-gnucash-potfiles
> >         rm -f intl-scm/guile-strings.c
> >         make -C intl-scm
> >         rm -f po/$(PACKAGE).pot
> >         make -C po $(PACKAGE).pot
>
> Sounds good to me. It would be nice to have 'make pot' as standalone.

To me it sounds that this is the only real solution to the original problem --
but whatever. It should be added here, yes.

> I couldn't find a way of running 'make' in non-recursive mode and a gnucash
> make is quite a lengthy process.

make all-am

> Are there any translatable strings in other g-wrap generated files?

No. All translatable strings are (currently) in non-generated files: scheme,
glade, C.

> > A translator _still_ has to either `make pot' or `make' at toplevel
> > and in either case, POTFILES.in will already exist.  Right?
>
> Yes, because making 'make-gnucash-potfiles' now executes the newly built
> script, creating 'po/POTFILES.in'. It's part of the rule. This was actually
> a side-effect from the OSX tests - one of the few things from my OSX
> experience that has directly *benefitted* gnucash instead of complicating
> it!!

But if "make-gnucash-potfiles" exists, then "make make-gnucash-potfiles" won't
trigger, so the generation of po/POTFILES.in won't happen.

Christian