Where post issues/observations on Gnome2 GNUCash?

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sat Jan 7 10:46:24 EST 2006

Am Samstag, 7. Januar 2006 00:46 schrieb Dave Herman:
> I have been a user of GNUCash for over a year, and following the "user
> list" for that time.  I have started "testing" the gnome2 trunk branch
> for about 6 weeks.  Overall I am very impressed by the stability of the
> gnome2 branch - yes I realize there is still a way to go.  As I have
> some time - I've retired - but am no much of a programmer.  Too many
> years ago.  I'm willing to assist in the testing.
>
> I do have a couple of questions.
>
> I posted a trivial patch for the "Fancy Style-sheet" about a month ago
> but haven't seen or heard about it.  Did it get lost?
>
> The other is where should "observations"/issues/problems with Gnome2
> GNUCash be posted - in bugzilla or here?

Great to hear. We definitely need much more testing, so your input is more
than welcome. As for posting observations: Either submit a bug report to
bugzilla http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Bugzilla
or post them here. In general, for one single problem the better choice is to
create a new bugzilla entry, but please don't forget to specify your exact
SVN version there (revision nr. whatever). Either one works fine, although
things that require more discussion are usually better suited in bugzilla as
they tend to get lost here on the list.

Your trivial patch might have gotten lost, because nobody is currently working
on the report spreadsheets. Feel free to post it again after several weeks
and/or also submit it to bugzilla.

Thanks for the other observations, but since I don't work on the reports and
style sheets I probably can't comment on that.

Christian