Where post issues/observations on Gnome2 GNUCash?

Dave Herman dvherman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 18:46:35 EST 2006

I have been a user of GNUCash for over a year, and following the "user
list" for that time.  I have started "testing" the gnome2 trunk branch
for about 6 weeks.  Overall I am very impressed by the stability of the
gnome2 branch - yes I realize there is still a way to go.  As I have
some time - I've retired - but am no much of a programmer.  Too many
years ago.  I'm willing to assist in the testing.

I do have a couple of questions.

I posted a trivial patch for the "Fancy Style-sheet" about a month ago
but haven't seen or heard about it.  Did it get lost?

The other is where should "observations"/issues/problems with Gnome2
GNUCash be posted - in bugzilla or here?

Here are some of my notes on the reports in GNUCash.

Observed "issues" with GNUCash gnome2

Fedora Core 4 i386 ....

1) Editing Style-sheets

The OK button is not available as an exiting option if no changes have
been made to the style sheet.  Only means to exit the window is the
upper left corner X. If changes are made both APPLY and OK are
available. If changes are made then "applied" both buttons are NOT
active.  Shouldn't the OK button be "active" all the time?

On "Images" tab there is no method to clear filename for images once one
is selected.

2) Tax Report / TXF Export

with style-sheet-fancy (Technicolor) or Easy the report creates the
following HTML

<TD>
<DIV ALIGN=center>Period from 2005-Jan-01 to 2005-Dec-13</DIV><BR>
<DIV ALIGN=center></DIV><BR>
<DIV ALIGN=center></DIV><BR>
<DIV ALIGN=center><FONT COLOR="#0000ff">Blue items are exportable to
a .TXF file.</FONT></DIV><BR>
<DIV ALIGN=center></DIV><BR>
<DIV ALIGN=center></DIV><BR>
Sub-4 Sub-3 Sub-2 Sub-1 Total <BR>
Sub-4 Sub-3 Sub-2 Sub-1 Total <BR>
<TABLE>
<TR>
<TH ALIGN="left">
<B>Account Name</B>

The "Sub-4 Sub-3 Sub-2 Sub-1 Total <BR>" lines are in error (I believe).
I think they are intended to be column headers.  They are column headers
in a report from the same data file in 1.8.12.

3) Account Summary report

using the style sheet-fancy (Technicolor)

The report does not use the defined colors for the Subtotal or total
lines.

4) Advanced Portfolio Report

Any change to the "Share Decimal Places:" results in an error and only
closing the report and reopening clears the error. (The also occurs in
1.8.12!)

Enhancement Request

An option to display a line showing the Account holding the securities,
if more than one account selected.

5) Assets over Time

Display tab

Use Stacked Bars checked
Max Bars >than 12
Plot Width 1200
Plot Height 800
Sort by amount

Graph is very compressed with Max Bars = 13 if Max Bars is >13 no bars
are displayed.
Legend is displayed in all cases tested but uses a large font.

D Herman