[Patch Preview] move module-init and locale setup from scm to C

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Wed Jan 11 05:31:14 EST 2006

Neil Williams schrieb:
> On Wednesday 11 January 2006 9:51 am, Christian Stimming wrote:
>
>>is it just me or is this patch missing a setlocale(LC_ALL, ""); call,
>>especially since that one will be commented out from main.acm? Apart
>>from that it looks fine to me. I don't think ordering does matter there.
>
> I looked at that, but then I read about gtk_init():
> gtk_set_locale () initializes internationalization support for GTK+.
> gtk_init() automatically does this, so there is typically no point in calling
> this function
> http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-General.html#gtk-set-locale
>
> It appears we don't need any gettext stuff in the C.

Err... no, that's not correct. gtk_init() as well as gtk_set_locale()
initializes internationalization support *for GTK+*. We still need to
initialize i18n support *for gnucash*.

This is achieved by the four functions that we currently have -- the 3
from Chris' patch plus setlocale(). Your previous post about
setlocale(), which was identical to mine, was correct.

Christian