bug: gnucash-svn does not build

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Wed Jan 11 15:25:57 EST 2006

On Wednesday 11 January 2006 7:33 pm, Martin Klaffenboeck wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I get the following error:  (I'll translate german messages)
>
>  i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../.. -I../..
> -I../.. -I../../lib/libc -I../../src/core-utils -I../../src
> -I../../src/gnc-module -I../../src/business/business-core/
> -I/usr/include/qof

Chris has broken the external build using libqof with his most recent revision
that changed code in lib/libqof so that it's out of sync with the released
library. libqof will always support *releases* of gnucash2, when they finally
arrive, but without cooperation from other gnucash developers, I cannot
promise the same for svn builds.

I released QOF 0.6.1 only a few days ago - there would have been time to
incorporate this change if I had known about it before the release.

Chris' changes and see whether to apply them to QOF CVS. Then you can build
with QOF CVS or you can build with the internal lib/libqof code.

External QOF is primarily intended for packaging purposes.

--

Neil Williams