Testing gnucash-gnome2 on NetBSD: autoconf problems

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jan 12 10:04:23 EST 2006

Thomas Klausner <tk at giga.or.at> writes:

> 	Some deprecated features have been used.  Set the environment
> 	variable GUILE_WARN_DEPRECATED to "detailed" and rerun the
> 	program to get more information.  Set it to "no" to suppress
> 	this message.
> This appears in other places too, but is not fatal.

This is just a warning you can (generally) safely ignore.  We
turn the warning off for releases, but it's left on in SVN.
Part of it might be due to the fact that you're using g-wrap 1.3.4
instead of g-wrap 1.9.

> A sed in doc/Makefile* ends with "m", which NetBSD's sed doesn't
> understand.  I removed it for now, perhaps it needs to be replaced
> with something else? (included in the patch)

I don't know.  Here's what 'info sed' says about the 'm' modifier:

     The `M' modifier to regular-expression matching is a GNU `sed'
     extension which causes `^' and `$' to match respectively (in
     addition to the normal behavior) the empty string after a newline,
     and the empty string before a newline.  There are special character
     sequences (`\`' and `\'') which always match the beginning or the
     end of the buffer.  `M' stands for `multi-line'.

> In lots of places, "char" is passed to a ctype.h function.
> The NetBSD man pages for the ctype functions all contain paragraphs
> of the type:
> CAVEATS
>      The argument to isalpha() must be EOF or representable as an unsigned
>      char; otherwise, the result is undefined.
> and since warnings are turned into errors by the recommended configure
> arguments ("--enable-error-on-warning --enable-compile-warnings",
> given after autogen runs), I fixed them.

This should be okay..

> With the attached patch, r12322 compiles fine. I haven't run it yet.

There's a patch?  You didn't use the [patch] keyword in the subject.
;)