Testing gnucash-gnome2 on NetBSD: autoconf problems

Thomas Klausner tk at giga.or.at
Thu Jan 12 12:39:11 EST 2006

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 10:04:23AM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> This is just a warning you can (generally) safely ignore.  We
> turn the warning off for releases, but it's left on in SVN.
> Part of it might be due to the fact that you're using g-wrap 1.3.4
> instead of g-wrap 1.9.

Actually, as I wrote in my first mail on the subject, I'm
using g-wrap-1.9.6, not 1.3.4.

> > A sed in doc/Makefile* ends with "m", which NetBSD's sed doesn't
> > understand.  I removed it for now, perhaps it needs to be replaced
> > with something else? (included in the patch)
>
> I don't know.  Here's what 'info sed' says about the 'm' modifier:
>
>      The `M' modifier to regular-expression matching is a GNU `sed'
>      extension which causes `^' and `$' to match respectively (in
>      addition to the normal behavior) the empty string after a newline,
>      and the empty string before a newline.  There are special character
>      sequences (`\`' and `\'') which always match the beginning or the
>      end of the buffer.  `M' stands for `multi-line'.

So it's a GNU extension.  The generated file (after removing the
'm') looks ok to me, it's attached. Perhaps someone can compare it
to the version generated with GNU sed and with 'm' and remove the
m if it really is not necessary.

> This should be okay..

So you'll commit it? :)

Cheers,