SVN status: defaults to internal QOF

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jan 12 18:04:17 EST 2006

FYI,

I committed some code to SVN that turns off the checks for external QOF.
It will, by default, use internal qof unless you configure with --enable-qof.
The idea is that gnucash svn shouldn't break if changes were made to
internal qof that change the API from external qof..

You, Neil, can still test with --enable-qof.. And end users can also test
with --enable-qof if they so wish..

The plan in my head is that once we cut the pre-2.0 releases we can swap
the option the other way so it defaults to looking for external qof.
I have no trust that 2.0 will happily use 0.6.0..  It's quite possible
the API will get extended in 0.6.2 or 0.6.3 and that gnucash will require
that minimum...  Note that adding APIs does not require a library major
version bump.  Only CHANGING APIs requires a version bump.