[Patch Preview] move module-init and locale setup from scm to C

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Fri Jan 13 04:26:53 EST 2006

Chris Shoemaker schrieb:
>>>From the gtk_set_locale() documentation:
>>
>>  In detail - sets the current locale according to the program
>>  environment. This is the same as calling the C library function
>>  setlocale (LC_ALL, "") but also takes care of the locale specific
>>  setup of the windowing system used by GDK.
>>
>>I looked into the gtk 2.6 sources and it does, in fact, make a call to
>>setlocale (LC_ALL, "").
>
> Nice.  It seems that calling gtk_init() allows even people who don't
> know much about i18l to get this right.

I'm not totally sure that this is a good thing of gtk_init(). Anyway,
since the call to setlocale() is not documented well enough in the gtk
documentation (thanks heaven/GPL we can simply look into the source!),
I'd suggest adding a comment to gnucash-bin.c saying that setlocale() is
already being called by gtk_init(). Avoids confusion further down the
road. (Might do that myself but won't have time until after the weekend,
methinks.)

Christian