SVN 12355 dies on startup

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Jan 15 15:56:05 EST 2006

Quoting Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb at becket.net>:

> Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> writes:
>
>> Well, I kinda need a failing system if you expect me to reproduce it.
>> And fix it myself.  I don't do Debian.  I'll gladly apply patches,
>> but my pointy hat isn't tall enough to test and debug this particular
>> failure mode remotely via email.
>
> Actually, you did just say you experienced problems on a failing
> system: Athena...

I did, but right now it's configured with 2d6 and gnucash is all built
around it.  I'd prefer not to keep people from using gnucash on athena
just so I can test.   However, yes, I could probably create a test
environment somewhere...

> We can easily provide access to a system with guile-1.6 and slib-3a2
> installed on which to test, if that would help.

it might.

> How can I get even a scheme backtrace when the error happens?  I asked
> this back in my original email.  I might well be able to make inroads
> if I can get even a backtrace.

I /think/ there's a way...  You might need to so something like:

  (debug-set! backtrace 'yes)