[DRAFT] Proposed release schedule for 1.9.x

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jan 16 14:51:50 EST 2006

Quoting Josh Sled <jsled at asynchronous.org>:

> I think the 1.9.0 date might be a bit aggressive, but maybe not ... I
> certainly doubt we'll be at a "all pieces ported fully to g2" state, but
> as you mentioned in IRC you're not suggesting that, exactly. :)

I don't know if it's aggressive or not, but the 29th is just under
two weeks from now.

> 1/ The TODO section of the wiki should be for release-related stuff,
>   though it's unclear what, exactly.
>
> 2a/ We should re-assert using Bugzilla for 1.9.x/2.x issue-tracking.
>
> 2b/ We should move the remainder of GNOME2_STATUS into Bugzilla.
>
> This last part is the one that I wanted to get sync on.  I'm proposing
> that I will move the GNOME2_STATUS line-items into Bugzilla and remove
> the file from SVN (clean up Wiki references to it, &c) on, let's say,
> Thursday night (19 Jan).  Objections?  Devs, please flush any
> un-committed GNOME2_STATUS changes.

For the record, I agree with this, and I also think we should have a
standard way to say which bugs are critical enough that they should
be fixed before 2.0.  I would propose that we create a standard
query (which we can link to from the wiki) that lists the set of open
bugs remaining..

I would propose that we say that 'release=SVN' and either 'priority>3'
or 'severity>[something]' (i'm not sure exactly how to categorize this..
But having a link from the wiki to bugzilla to display the set of open
bugs would be IMHO a Good Thing (TM).