[Gnucash-changes] r12818 - htdocs/trunk : GLOBALS

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Tue Jan 17 09:22:57 EST 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 10:51 +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> This PHP snippet is required if the webhost trying to demo the svn htdocs is
> running an updated / default / secured PHP installation where GLOBALS is not
> registered:
[...]

On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 10:56 +0000, Neil Williams wrote:

> It looks like it's a lot more than just the index pages that need to be
> patched for this. It's not acceptable, IMHO, to force the use of
> register_globals on remote test installations OR assume that it is in place
> just because Linas' server uses it. Shall I proceed to patch EACH file that
> references GLOBAL?

I don't know what Linas's server configuration is like, but that's
probably what will dictate action.  It reads like that patch is
backwards compatible, so it sounds like you should patch the files.

>  Warning: dir(news/): failed to open dir: No such file or directory
> in /opt/svn/trunk/php-scripts/news-script.php on line 26
>
>  Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object
> in /opt/svn/trunk/php-scripts/news-script.php on line 30
>
> in svn, news contains only:
> $ ls news/
> old  oldnews.txt

That error reads as more severe than the missing directory contents, but
this did prompt me to add the contents from the tarball of the live
site, which were apparently not in the CVS archive.

--
...jsled