[Gnucash-changes] r12818 - htdocs/trunk : GLOBALS

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Tue Jan 17 10:15:07 EST 2006

On Tuesday 17 January 2006 2:22 pm, you wrote:
> That error reads as more severe than the missing directory contents,

It was, news/ cannot be found because it's above where the pages expect to
find it.

> but
> this did prompt me to add the contents from the tarball of the live
> site, which were apparently not in the CVS archive.

The svn location is not where the scripts expect to find news/ and to get it
to work on my system, I've had to edit the variables to step up to the parent
folder (in each supported language):
 <?php
-  # for englsih, the antive and lat newspatch are identical
-  $native_newspath  =  "news/";
-  $alt_newspath  =  "news/";
+  # for english, the native and alt newspatch are identical
+  $native_newspath  =  "../news/";
+  $alt_newspath  =  "../news/";

Maybe we need a symlink in each translated subdirectory :
en/news -> news/ etc. but that would require some kind of svn ignore and
script setup / readme.

How much leeway do we have over filesystem paths?

Once committed, are changes to the svn files going to be mirrored on
gnucash.org? If so, there's something different in the directory tree.

Also, is there some kind of top level script on the current site that is
missing from svn? http://virtualhostname/ currently gives a directory listing
and the content appear doesn't appear until you select a language. Presumably
there's either a symlink to en/index.phtml or some kind of language detection
script?

--

Neil Williams