To Linas ... Re: [Gnucash-changes] r12818 - htdocs/trunk : GLOBALS

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 17 11:14:57 EST 2006

Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk> writes:

> The svn location is not where the scripts expect to find news/ and to get it
> to work on my system, I've had to edit the variables to step up to the parent

Perhaps we could use /news and /news/<lang> ?

> Maybe we need a symlink in each translated subdirectory :
> en/news -> news/ etc. but that would require some kind of svn ignore and
> script setup / readme.

Assuming symlinks is probably not a good idea.  If we're GOING to
assume symlinks then you might need to create a "build_tree.sh" in the
top level that builds all the symlinks you need in order to get the
proper configuration.

> How much leeway do we have over filesystem paths?

I don't know.  Only Linas can answer that.  I've put something
in the subject to hopefully gather his attention.

> Once committed, are changes to the svn files going to be mirrored on
> gnucash.org?

They will be, eventually.  We have not (yet) set up that mirroring.
The current plan is to use a port-knocker to cause an update at every
commit to htdocs.. And then have a periodic script run from cron to
poll in case the port-knocker fails.

> If so, there's something different in the directory tree.

I'm not sure what you mean by this question.  I suspect (or hope)
that the whole site would be under the svn control.

> Also, is there some kind of top level script on the current site
> that is missing from svn? http://virtualhostname/ currently gives a
> directory listing and the content appear doesn't appear until you
> select a language. Presumably there's either a symlink to
> en/index.phtml or some kind of language detection script?

I don't know.  That's another question for Linas.