Updated Greek translation

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Tue Jan 17 09:40:42 EST 2006

Hi Chris,

Chris Shoemaker schrieb:

>>the file in SVN doesn't have the word "mine" in line 34, nor does it
>>have the word "r12374" in line 40. Check
>>http://svn.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash/trunk/po/el.po
>
> Wow.  "mine" and "r12374" *shakes head*
>
> You'd think that would've clued me in.  Yes, obviously (to _almost_
> everyone) it's a SVN conflict.

it wouldn't have been obvious for me in principle, but I checked the
file in the browser and checked the line numbers which upset msgfmt. The
current SVN simply didn't have anything unusual here, so that's what I
concluded...

> That raises another question.  What is it that is rewriting all the po
> files locally?  and can I prevent it from happening?

As po/Makefile is not under our control the answer to your question
depends on your installed gettext. As for gettext-0.14.1 the updating of
the po files does *not* occur on "make" or on "make install"; however I
think it *does* occur on "make dist" (which implies it is also part of
"make distcheck" as you reported).

If you want to run "make dist" but don't want to have the updating of
the po files then... well, I don't know how to prevent that except from
manually editing po/Makefile.

Christian