Sharing gnucash.css between htdocs and mail-search?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 17 18:38:08 EST 2006

Neil,

Quoting Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk>:

> The en/menu/menu*.phtml files *should* be correct but they are easily
> fixed if necessary.

I'm wondering if we can figure out a good approach to abstract out the
menus and css to enable us to share the files?  Perhaps move the menus
from /<lang>/menu/* to /menu/<lang>/*?

I'd still like to move the gnucash.css from the top-level to a subdirectory..
And move the image(s) that we need on both servers into one common directory
we can then share..

I.e., any file(s) that need to (or can be) shared across www and lists
need to be in their own directory so we can use svn:externals...

> If we want the translated menu shared then all those files will need updating
> to use the $home variable. Not that vital, I suppose, the existing
> translations aren't 100% complete.

I think we do want to architect it that way..

> The next stage is to look at using gettext with php and see if we can't
> generate a POT file to go alongside existing translations. Then we could
> replace the current files with a wider range of languages. (Although handling
> Arabic, Chinese etc. could be a little tricky!)
> :-)

That's one approach..  I don't have a strong opinion on it.

>> PS: Nice work so far on all this so far!  :)
>
> I've only done the structure - it's time to get the content updated now!
> :-))

I'm not convinved the structure is done (see above about gnucash.css and
orginizing the "shared" content).

Thanks,