failing configure..

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sun Jan 22 05:14:31 EST 2006

On Saturday 21 January 2006 8:32 pm, Tor Harald Thorland wrote:
> [...]

Tor, you absolutely must install g-wrap 1.9.6-3  from Ubuntu.

There is no way 1.9.6-2 will work with gnucash because of the missing file.
See this bug report in Debian:
(It was a packaging bug specific to gnucash's use of guile (i.e. too old) and
fails because gnucash does not yet use the new-style G-Wrap wrappers.)

1.9.6-3 IS in Ubuntu Universe:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/dapper/interpreters/g-wrap

Upgrade and this will fix the problem.

> >> It is Ubuntu 5.10, with g-wrap 1.9.6-2Ubuntu2 version, and the
> >> guile-g-wrap with the same version number.

You need 1.9.6-3

> > It's POSSIBLE that the 1.9.6-2 package doesn't properly distribute
> > the g-wrap-wct.h header... I know nothing about Ubuntu.

g-wrap 1.9.6-2 in Ubuntu is almost the same as 1.9.6-2 in Debian - Tor's
report exactly matches the output I had when I reported the bug in g-wrap
packaging.

> Ubuntu is a Debian system.

Ubuntu generally incorporates it's package updates from the main Debian
archives - a proportion are patched for the differences between Debian and
Ubuntu - and the process is quite fast. It is similar to Debian in that the
latest versions of all packages are always made available on a rolling basis.

e.g. libqof1 0.6.1 is already in Ubuntu less than 10 days after being uploaded
to Debian unstable.
http://packages.ubuntu.com/dapper/libs/libqof1

> But Thanks for the reply, I'll just wait for some more.
> THT

Sorry for any delay.

--

Neil Williams