failing configure..

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Jan 21 15:38:30 EST 2006

Quoting Tor Harald Thorland <linux at strigen.com>:

>>> It is Ubuntu 5.10, with g-wrap 1.9.6-2Ubuntu2 version, and the
>>> guile-g-wrap with the same version number.
>>

>> It's POSSIBLE that the 1.9.6-2 package doesn't properly distribute
>> the g-wrap-wct.h header... I know nothing about Ubuntu.
>>
> Ubuntu is a Debian system. I'm not sure, and cant find it, but
> something is going round in my mind about a 1.9.6-3 package.. There
> was a package.. maby it was guile that needed 1 version higher than
> what was supplyed with ubuntu.. Well see if someone else reply to
> this. I think it was Neil W., wich helped me earlyer with some g-wrap
> guile problems.

Yes, on Debian there was a 1.9.6-3 package that fixed it all.
I have no clue about the relationship between Debian and Ubuntu.
You can always just grab the file from the 1.9.6 sources and install
it by hand.

> What is this guile / g-wrap packages (what they are used for) It
> look's like these often gives some problems..

g-wrap is a system that wraps C code for use in guile.  Guile is scheme,
a scripting language..  Used thoroughly throughout GnuCash.