www.gnucash.org simplification proposal

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 24 13:46:49 EST 2006

Josh Sled <jsled at asynchronous.org> writes:

> On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 23:29 -0500, Josh Sled wrote:
>> As such, I'd like to propose the following simplifications of the
>> gnucash website by enumerating my disposition towards the navigation
>> menu items.  Where a menu-item goes away and links to pages on the
>
> I thought it might be interesting to see the revised, collapsed menu.
> After doing so, I took some liberties in re-factoring and renaming menu
> items.  Here's what I think it should look like:

I think this is pretty good..  I think most of these are just (or
should be) links off into the Wiki.  Here's a question: can someone
help convert the wiki to using the same (or look-alike) CSS so it has
a similar look-and-feel as the main website?

> - Information
>   - Home, News
>   - Features

Obviously I think this should remain on the website (although
we might just want to move the NEWS section to the wiki).

> - Download
>   - USA (master)
>   - SourceForge
>   - Europe
>   - Australia

These obviously need to stay as is.  We still have limited access
to the "master" download site.

> - Resources

Link to wiki [[FAQ]]

>   - Wiki [de]

Link to wiki [[GnuCash]]

>   - Concepts Guide
>   - Help Manual [de]
>   - Mailing Lists

Maybe a link to the wiki, or I suppose we could keep the existing
content, even if it sort of duplicates the mailman listinfo.

>   - Bug Reports

Link to wiki [[Bugzilla]]

>   - IRC (Chat)

Link to wiki [[IRC]]

>   - Donations

I'm not sure whether this should be its own page, a link to the wiki,
or a direct link to the SF donations page.

> - Developers
>   - Documentation

Link to svn.gnucash.org/docs/HEAD

>   - Source Access, Browse

Link to wiki [[Subversion]] and Trac (or viewcvs?)

>   - Language Translations

Link to wiki [[Translation]] ??