www.gnucash.org simplification proposal

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Tue Jan 24 14:19:44 EST 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 13:46 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> I think this is pretty good..  I think most of these are just (or
> should be) links off into the Wiki.

I was thinking the same thing for all the links you describe, except for
the news.  I think it makes sense to be integrated into the
"authoritative" www.gnucash.org site, with a distinct RSS feed.

> Here's a question: can someone
> help convert the wiki to using the same (or look-alike) CSS so it has
> a similar look-and-feel as the main website?

What's the right way to edit the wiki look and feel?  Are the templates
on the wiki.gnucash.org filesystem, or are they editable from the
media-wiki software itself?  If so, what's the URL?

FWIW, I'm not too concerned with the wiki sharing a pixel-perfect
look-and-feel with the www.gnucash.org site, but it'd be nice if they
were similar.  I think it's useful for people to get a "comfortable"
media-wiki look and feel as well, but perhaps "gnucash-branded".

> >   - Donations
>
> I'm not sure whether this should be its own page, a link to the wiki,
> or a direct link to the SF donations page.

I was thinking direct to SF.  They should get to the donation button as
quickly as possible, before they change their mind. ;)  Seriously,
though, it might be nice to update the explanatory text at
http://sourceforge.net/project/project_donations.php?group_id=192 , but
given that there *is* changeable explanatory text there, I don't see
another level of indirection being necessary.

--
...jsled