Compatibility problem between G2 business module and G1

digger vermont dv_mlist at verizon.net
Wed Jan 25 22:52:58 EST 2006

Hello All,
	It looks to me that G2 is "corrupting" the guid's of customers,
employees, vendors, etc when opening an account file made with G1.8.12.
I haven't looked close enough at whether or not it is a general problem
in G2.

To try and make sure it isn't something I've done I created a simple set
of accounts with G1 including a customer, vendor, employee, job and some
invoices using G1.8.12. and saved it.  When opening it with G2 it looks
fine. But after saving it without having made any changes (all I did was
open and immediately saved) and reopening it, it appears to have lost
the links to the invoices and customers, employees, etc.

Looking at a diff between the two files it looks like the guids have
been changed.

Has anyone else seen this and is it a known issue?  Or is the business
module still a work in progress and this is to be expected? I didn't see
anything in bugzilla that looked like it.  If it's something new I can
enter it.

I'm using mostly debian unstable.  G1 is 1.8.12 and G2 is r12973.  Any
other info that could be relevant?

I've attached the two files as an example.

digger